At OB Sod Garden Center, we understand that you as a consumer have many choices to choose from when you decided to re-sod your property. For that reason we want to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing us for the job.
We have compiled a list of important steps you will need to take in order for your sod to grow properly:
- For the 1st 2 weeks, you must water your sod twice daily (1 hour before sunrise) and (1 hour after sunset)
- Visit the Southwest Water Management District website for water restrictions specific to your area.
- For the 3RD and 4TH week, you must water your sod every other day (1 hour before sunrise) and (1 hour after sunset)
- Notice! *For shade areas ONLY for the 1st two weeks you must water your sod daily ( 20min once a day before sunrise)
- For the 3rd and 4th week, you must water your sod every other day (20 min once a day before sunrise).
- Do not cut your lawn for the first 2 weeks.
- After that do not cut your lawn less than 3 ½ inches high the very first time.
- After the initial cut then you may continue to cut your lawn every 2 weeks.
- Keep in mind that your sod may suffer from fungus, chinch bugs, webworm, and other insects. Prepare yourself ahead of time by contacting a pest control company that specializes in lawn extermination.
- Recommendation: OB Lawn Care. They offer services for controlling insects, disease, weed control, shrub care, and fertilization. Call for a FREE estimate 813-935-8162 or visit their website.
- Finally, once your sod takes root, it is crucial to fertilize in order to obtain greener healthier sod.
Thank you the opportunity to serve your lawn and gardening needs.